Small ml quantities
Nano Spray Dryer B-90 is the ideal laboratory instrument for processing
the smallest quantities, typically used in feasibility studies. Spray
drying of valuable substances within the submicron range is possible.
- Main fields for the innovative spray dryer are found in pharmaceutical, biotech, material- and nanotechnology applications.
innovative piezo crystal driven spray head generates a mist of fine
droplets with very narrow size distribution. Different spray caps with
4.0, 5.5 and 7.0 μm hole sizes are available to tune the average droplet
size between 8 to 21 μm precisely.
- Nanoparticle suspensions and nanoemulsions are typical applications for the Nano Spray Dryer B-90.
High yields up to 90%
unique electrostatic particle collector offers excellent particle
separation efficiency for submicron- and nanoparticles of milligram
- This ensures the recovery of high value and expensive materials in R&D studies and feasibility tests. This unique technology is ideal for samples used in pharmaceuticals, medical products, advanced materials and innovative food ingredient industries.
- Processing of sample amounts <100 mg
- Droplet size in the range of 8 to 21 µm
- Smallest dried particles of 0.3 to 5 µm with very narrow size distribution
- Electrical particle collector with 99% separation efficience
- High product yields up to 90%
- Spray drying of minimal ml-quantities
The Nano Spray Dryer B-90 offers a fast drying process for temperature sensitive materials, excellent product yields and low energy consumption.
Spray head based on piezotechnology
Spray head with piezotechnology
Spray caps with perforated meshes
(4.0, 5.5 and 7.0 μm hole size)
Heating system (patent pending)
Innovative electrical particle collector for highest yield
Easy operation and PC-software for online data monitoring and storage
Height adjustable pump
Modular glass assembly of the spray cylinder
Open mode for aqueous samples and not oxygen sensitive materials
Drying with air for aqueous solutions with < 20 % organic solvents. The Dehumidifier B-296 is used for reproducible conditioning of the inlet drying air humidity.
Compressed air is used as a standard drying gas. The air maintenance unit is additionally recommended to assure oil free and particle free gas.
Closed mode for organic solvents and oxygen sensitive materials
Safe drying of pure organic solvents with automatic control of the O2 concentration in the circuit below 4 %. N2 and CO2 are used to control the efficiency of the electrical particle collector.
Drying of oxygen sensitive substances or flammable powders under N2 and CO2 atmosphere. The B-296 in a closed loop enables the safe use of water-organic solvent mixtures with up to 50 % solvent.
Technical data of the Nano Spray Dryer B-90
|Power consumption||max. 1500 W|
|Connection voltage||100 – 240 V ± 10 %|
|Heating capacity||max 1400 W|
|Heating control||± 1 °C|
|Max. inlet temperature||120 °C|
|Evaporating capacity||max. 0.2 l/h H2O, higher rates for organic solvents are possible|
|Drying gas flow||80 –160 l/min|
|Spray caps (Hole diameters)||4.0 μm, 5.5 μm, 7.0 μm|
|Mean droplet size range||8 – 21 μm|
|Mean particle size range||300 nm – 5 μm|
|Mean residence time||1 - 4 sec|
|Degree of Protection||IP 42|
|Environmental conditions||for indoor use only|
|Temperature||5 – 40 °C|
|Altitude||up to 2000 m|
|Humidity||max. relative humidity 80% for temperatures up to 31 °C, and then linearly decreasing to 50% at 40 °C|
|Dimensions ( W x H x D)||58 x 110 x 55 cm (short set-up) / 58 x 150 x 55 cm (tall set-up)|
|Weight||65 kg (short set-up) / 70 kg (tall set-up)|